Thursday, April 19, 2012

Speech #2

I completed my second speech today, where the objective was to organize my speech.  I talked about the life of being a twin (I have a twin brother) and organized it into positives and negatives.  I was nervous before my speech, but not as much as I was before my icebreaker.  Overall, the speech went very well.  I spoke for around 5 minutes and forty seconds and the required time range was 5 to 7 minutes.  My evaluations said that my use of humor was great and that I looked more confident than on my last speech.  Some things that I needed to work on were my movement and eye contact with the whole audience.  I struggled with these on my first speech as well, so for my third speech I will try to focus on these two elements specifically.

Although my senior project is coming to a close and I will be giving my presentation next week, I will definitely stay in Toastmasters over the summer right up until I move out for college.  I'm grateful that ThunderRidge has this senior project program, because without it, I would have never gotten the courage or motivation to join a club like this on my own.  I will try to get as many speeches done as I can and I will continue to update this blog with my experiences and feelings as I continue improving my speaking skills. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment